For: vBulletin forum software version 3.6.0 beta 1
By: & & Colin F
Version: 0.10 (beta)
What does this do?
After importing this product you will have additional options in the Administrator Control Panel below the 'Fake Community Statistics Options' section. This plugin gives you the ability to cheat the stats on forumhome (and a few other locations) by increasing the real value with a false value. The goal of this plugin is to helps new communities boost their activity by pretending they are bigger and more active; provoking visitors to register and participate to generate real activity (after which the admin can stop using this plugin)
Total registered members: 5
Added amount: 100
Forumhome now shows instead of 5:
Total registered members: 105
Of course, if a new member registeres it will be 106.
Available options & features:
* Registered members (0.01, Floris)
* Total threads (0.01, Floris)
* Total posts (0.01, Floris)
* Active members (0.01, Floris)
* Online Guests (0.02, Huanga, also appears on online.php)
* Invisible Users (0.02, Huanga, also appears on online.php)
* Big-Boards.com Compliance (0.03, Huanga)
* AdminCP Help (0.03, Floris)
* History: Updated phrases (0.03, Floris)
* Updates the 'Most Users Ever Online' Counter (0.04, Huanga)
* Dump Postcount into Specified Forum (0.04, Huanga)
* x members chosen not to be displayed (0.04.1, rogersnm, appears on memberlist.php)
* Showing results x of y of z+fake (0.04.1, Floris, appears on memberlist.php)
* 'Fake Online Users List' Display on Forumhome (0.05, Colin F & Floris)
* History: Updated AdminCP Help & Screenshots (0.05, Floris)
* 'Most Users Online' Date & Time Switch (0.06, Floris, also appears on online.php)
* 'Fake Online Users List' CSS Markup (0.06, Floris)
* 'Fake Online Users List' Display Newest User Switch (0.06, Floris)
* History: Updated AdminCP Help and Installation Instructions (0.06, Floris)
* Rebuild for vBulletin 3.6.0 beta 1 (0.10, Floris)
* AdminCP Help is now included, no need to manually import it (0.10, Floris)
* Included product URL- product now links to the official vBorg thread (0.10, Floris)
* Included product version check URL- to help check for new version (0.10, Floris)
* History: Updated AdminCP Options to display which options didn't work in 360b1 and updated readme.html (0.10, Floris)
* Erhm, there is probably more? ..
Does this come with phrases?
Yes .. but the product import will take care of these, no worries.
Does this come with templates or require me to modify my templates?
No, no new templates are required. Original values are overwritten.
Yes, two template modifications are required if you wish to show 'x members chosen not to be displayed' on memberlist.php and add fake online users to the online users list. (see install instructions below)
Does this create additional queries?
Nope, this will not overload your server, and no sql queries are run.
Does this run on vBulletin 2.x or 3.0.x?
Does this run on vBulletin 3.5.0 - 3.5.1, 3.5.2, 3.5.3 and 3.5.4?
I don't see why not. But please!
Does this run on vBulletin 3.6.x?
Yes, but very beta! The basics work and the tweaks will have to be looked at, the options in the admincp that don't work for me right now are tagged as such.
Does this work with third party plugins like vBAdvanced, etc?
No, we don't support third party plugins right now, sorry! Stop asking LOL
Admin Control Panel > Plugin System > Manage Products > Import > browse to the file and select the xml from your hard drive, click import and you're done. Default values are 0 for most options, you can change these at any time.
Admin Control Panel > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > dropdown: Edit Templates > Expand: Members List Templates > Customize: memberlist >
$vboptions[bbtitle]: $vbphrase[members_list]<br /><phrase 1="$fake_members">$vbphrase[x_choose_not_to_be_listed]</phrase>
Admin Control Panel > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > dropdown: Edit Templates > Expand: Forum Home Templates group, select the FORUMHOME template and click on customize to modify it.