Hacks request thread v.3.024
In this thread we do requests for hacks.
Attention! Request should contain:
Admin cannot view/read PM of users! Such hacks are forbidden. Who will make such request, will be immediately banned!
The list of forbidden hacks:
The list of infringers:
I now i can`t format this post correctly.
But can someone tell me whats the name of the hack used here on
vbsupport.org that will show similar thread-titels while writing "new post titel" ???
Searched anywhere, but i could`nt get the name of this hack.
If someone could name it oder upload it...
Thanks in advance !
Why not just combine them?
This Add-on will grab the thread title the user typed in and it will load a small box (using Ajax magic ) with 5 similar threads just like the 'similar threads' function that you can normally find under an already posted thread.
The box also tells the user to search through the similar threads first BEFORE starting a new one.
- no edits whatsoever needed, just import the product file, enable the Add-on and it works (well, it should )
- you can turn it off for certain forums or
- you can turn it off completely without leaving any code that messes your templates/files
- it can be translated
- don't like it anymore? Remove the product and you'll never see that Add-on again
Things to consider:
It uses jQuery to get the information from ajax.php. jQuery is great and you can do many great things with it and unlike the vBulletin method it's quite easy to understand.
The jQuery file is compressed and only 20kb large.
To download the file, visit the homepage at http://jquery.com/
The link to download the file is on the right hand side.
Here's the version I use: http://code.google.com/p/jqueryjs/do....1.3.1.pack.js
Just download it and put it into the 'clientscript' folder without renaming the file.
Download jQuery as described above.
Import the attached file using the Product Manager. Go to your vBulletin settings and search for 'Check for similar threads?'. Enable it.
It adds 2 new templates, it changes 1 template and it edits 2 files. I highly doubt that it will break you vBulletin but do a back-up and be on the safe side.
1. initial release
2. current release
*** fixed some browser issues. The attached file is up to date.
How to fix the Opera problems in the first release:
The first release of this Add-on didn't work on Opera. To fix the problems, please follow these steps:
Open the template 'mrnasesimilarthreadcheck_header' and REPLACE the content with this code:
The attached file is up to date.
Hack: Post Background Color
Create Color Schemes, set specific colors for different styles to match the styles colors the best. Give usergroups permissions to attach
a color scheme as background to a post. Great to allow Admins/Moderators to highlight important posts in a thread for example.
- Create Color Schemes
- Override the default color for a Color Scheme for each Style if needed.
- User Usergroup permissions to allow/deny the use of background colors
- On posting/editing, optionally choose a background color
- Choose (vB Options) if you want the background color to be applied to the messagetext, the postbit info, or both.
- Create background images or gradients (thanks to applehat for the idea )
- Fixed uninstall code. Space was missing in the DELETE FROMdatastore.
(if you have currently installed 1.03, then please do an overwrite install with version 1.03b prior to uninstallation. If you are already uninstalling with 1.03 and run into a SQL-error, see post to fix an aborted uninstall)
- Increased size of colorcode in tables to support larger values so we can also use images and gradients
- Changed the postbit from background-color to background style attribute to support the above.
- Removed   from dropdown menu
- Fixed bug where colorscheme could not be reset to 'None' once a color was set.
- Fixed missing new column for post table in install routines.
- Initial Release
Copyright ©2005 MarcoH64
This Modification may not be redistributed in whole or significant part or changed without prior agreement of author.
Please don't forget to click Install.
If you like this work and would like to support the author, donations are always welcome at Paypal: Marcoh64 AT gmail.com
|hacks, request, test|